Two Americans kidnapped in Egypt
Cairo: Two American tourists have been kidnapped by unidentified armed men from near the Red Sea resort of Dahab, Egyptian television reported.
The two Americans are in their early 30s. They were reportedly taken by armed bedouins when they were travelling by car to the resort of Nuweiba.
The Maan news agency identified the Americans as Jonathan Shizarlasky and Carter Brabon. They were seized at gunpoint from a car near the Hilton hotel and taken to a mountainous area.
Police said the kidnappers are demanding the release of a drug dealer arrested a day before in return for freeing the Americans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof