Two arrested in Ecuador for alleged cyberattacks
Quito: Ecuadoran authorities said Thursday they have arrested two people for alleged cyberattacks targeting President Rafael Correa.
Correa had charged on March 27 that his Twitter account (@MashiRafael) had been hacked, blaming the attacks on "extreme right" opponents.
The government last year also reported that Correa`s email had been hacked.
Correa has said NSA documents leaked by former US intelligence analyst Edward Snowden show that the United States had targeted Ecuador with electronic surveillance.
It was not clear if those arrested were being investigated for hacking his Twitter account, his email or both.
"There are two people in custody who are being subjected to investigation having entered the president`s accounts," Attorney General Galo Chiriboga said.
He said they were arrested Wednesday and would be arraigned on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read