Two arrested in Ecuador for alleged cyberattacks
Quito: Ecuadoran authorities said Thursday they have arrested two people for alleged cyberattacks targeting President Rafael Correa.
Correa had charged on March 27 that his Twitter account (@MashiRafael) had been hacked, blaming the attacks on "extreme right" opponents.
The government last year also reported that Correa`s email had been hacked.
Correa has said NSA documents leaked by former US intelligence analyst Edward Snowden show that the United States had targeted Ecuador with electronic surveillance.
It was not clear if those arrested were being investigated for hacking his Twitter account, his email or both.
"There are two people in custody who are being subjected to investigation having entered the president`s accounts," Attorney General Galo Chiriboga said.
He said they were arrested Wednesday and would be arraigned on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today