Two arrested in Ecuador for alleged cyberattacks
Quito: Ecuadoran authorities said Thursday they have arrested two people for alleged cyberattacks targeting President Rafael Correa.
Correa had charged on March 27 that his Twitter account (@MashiRafael) had been hacked, blaming the attacks on "extreme right" opponents.
The government last year also reported that Correa`s email had been hacked.
Correa has said NSA documents leaked by former US intelligence analyst Edward Snowden show that the United States had targeted Ecuador with electronic surveillance.
It was not clear if those arrested were being investigated for hacking his Twitter account, his email or both.
"There are two people in custody who are being subjected to investigation having entered the president`s accounts," Attorney General Galo Chiriboga said.
He said they were arrested Wednesday and would be arraigned on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'