Two arrested in French anti-terrorism probe
Paris: French officials say two men suspected of plotting terror attacks have been detained.
Officials at the Interior Ministry and the Paris prosecutor`s office say intelligence and police officers detained them today in a house in Marignane near the southern city of Marseille. The men are 18 and 20.
The Interior Ministry official says the two were suspected of preparing explosives, and had been under surveillance since November. He says they had been identified as a threat based on their online activity, and that authorities moved in because they believed the two were ready to carry out "terrorist acts." The target and location of the potential attacks are unclear.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to publicly discuss terrorism investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures
- PDP, Centre not on same page, meet between Mehbooba Mufti and PM Modi critical: Defence expert
- Diabetes drug may help prevent heart disease
- Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi, hits out at Pakistan for openly fuelling tension in Valley
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!