Two arrested in French anti-terrorism probe
Paris: French officials say two men suspected of plotting terror attacks have been detained.
Officials at the Interior Ministry and the Paris prosecutor`s office say intelligence and police officers detained them today in a house in Marignane near the southern city of Marseille. The men are 18 and 20.
The Interior Ministry official says the two were suspected of preparing explosives, and had been under surveillance since November. He says they had been identified as a threat based on their online activity, and that authorities moved in because they believed the two were ready to carry out "terrorist acts." The target and location of the potential attacks are unclear.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to publicly discuss terrorism investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in