Two arrested over arson attack on Swedish cartoonist`s home
Stockholm: Police arrested two suspects after an attempted fire-bomb attack on the home of a Swedish cartoonist, controversial for drawing the Prophet Mohammed, they said on Sunday.
The attack, overnight Friday to Saturday when Lars Vilks was not at home, blackened part of the exterior, but the fire went out by itself although police found glass bottles containing petrol (gasoline) inside.
Both suspects, aged 21 and 19, are Swedish nationals of Kosovar origin who reside in the southern city of Landskrona and who were arrested after personal items were found near the scene, police said.
"They were both unknown to the police," Scania district police spokesman Calle Paersson said.
The 21-year-old was arrested on Saturday at his home, while his 19-year-old suspected accomplice was arrested Sunday morning.
The suspects, whose names have not been made public, were due to see a judge on Monday who will decide whether or not to charge them.
Vilks said he did not want to over-react, but he would take some precautions. The attack comes less then a week after a man tried to attack him while he was giving a lecture at Uppsala university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali