Two bombs explode in Nairobi, wound officer
Nairobi: Two bombs have exploded in a residential area of Kenya`s capital, wounding a policeman.
Nairobi Police chief Moses Ombati says the bombs exploded near one another a short time apart, and that the goal apparently was to draw officers to the scene and hurt as many as possible with the second blast.
The`s attack occurred near a church where a child was killed by an improvised explosive device at a Sunday school class late last month.
Kenya has seen a series of terrorist attacks since its forces moved into Somalia to fight al Qaeda-linked al-Shabab militants last year. Kenyan forces ousted the rebels from their last Somalia stronghold, Kismayo, last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in