Two bombs explode in Nairobi, wound officer
Nairobi: Two bombs have exploded in a residential area of Kenya`s capital, wounding a policeman.
Nairobi Police chief Moses Ombati says the bombs exploded near one another a short time apart, and that the goal apparently was to draw officers to the scene and hurt as many as possible with the second blast.
The`s attack occurred near a church where a child was killed by an improvised explosive device at a Sunday school class late last month.
Kenya has seen a series of terrorist attacks since its forces moved into Somalia to fight al Qaeda-linked al-Shabab militants last year. Kenyan forces ousted the rebels from their last Somalia stronghold, Kismayo, last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read