Two Chileans charged with causing Spain church blast
Madrid: A Spanish judge has charged two Chileans with belonging to a terrorist organisation, detonating an explosion in a cathedral last month, and conspiring to stage a similar attack at a monastery.
National Court Judge Eloy Velasco said on Sunday there is enough evidence to try 25-year-old Monica Andrea Caballero Sepulveda and 34-year-old Francisco Javier Solar Dominguez for the explosion in northeastern Zaragoza`s Basilica of Our Lady of the Pilar. The blast caused no injuries and little damage.
The court said the suspects also planned an explosion at a basilica within the monastery of Montserrat, near Barcelona, that would have caused "terrorist havoc."
The statement says the Chileans were arrested Wednesday in Barcelona on suspicion of forming part of an "extremely dangerous" anarchist group with international connections called the Mateo Morral Commando.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him