Two Chinese kids suffocated to death
Beijing: Two kindergarten children were
suffocated to death in China after they were inadvertently left inside the school bus for several hours, prompting authorities to overhaul safety measures.
A three-year-old boy attending Boai Bilingual
Kindergarten in Sanya City in Hainan province was found dead
inside his kindergarten`s shuttle bus on August 29.
The boy remained locked up inside the bus for more
than seven hours as his teacher failed to double check the
Three days later, a five-year-old girl from the
Aixin Kindergarten in Haikou, capital of Hainan Province, was
found dead under similar circumstances.
The two deaths within one week have triggered concerns over the safety of children in kindergartens, as such cases have been reported from time to time.
A police investigation into the Hainan cases showed
that neither of the two kindergartens were officially
registered and therefore, not qualified to operate legally.
Following the incident, the Hainan Provincial Education
Bureau issued an emergency circular asking all kindergartens,
as well as primary and middle schools in the province, double
check and confirm that no students remain on buses after
Authorities in south Hainan Province have intensified
inspections and the overhaul of kindergartens after two kids
suffocated to death inside shuttle buses last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?