Two Chinese kids suffocated to death
Beijing: Two kindergarten children were
suffocated to death in China after they were inadvertently left inside the school bus for several hours, prompting authorities to overhaul safety measures.
A three-year-old boy attending Boai Bilingual
Kindergarten in Sanya City in Hainan province was found dead
inside his kindergarten`s shuttle bus on August 29.
The boy remained locked up inside the bus for more
than seven hours as his teacher failed to double check the
Three days later, a five-year-old girl from the
Aixin Kindergarten in Haikou, capital of Hainan Province, was
found dead under similar circumstances.
The two deaths within one week have triggered concerns over the safety of children in kindergartens, as such cases have been reported from time to time.
A police investigation into the Hainan cases showed
that neither of the two kindergartens were officially
registered and therefore, not qualified to operate legally.
Following the incident, the Hainan Provincial Education
Bureau issued an emergency circular asking all kindergartens,
as well as primary and middle schools in the province, double
check and confirm that no students remain on buses after
Authorities in south Hainan Province have intensified
inspections and the overhaul of kindergartens after two kids
suffocated to death inside shuttle buses last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured