Two corpses carry threat to Mexico internet users
Nuevo Laredo: The bloodstained
bodies of a man and a woman were found hanging from a bridge
in northeast Mexico, along with threatening messages to people
who report drug violence on social networks.
The messages lay near the two bodies, found half naked,
alluding to websites set up for people to report drug violence
in the area, police said yesterday.
"That will happen to all of them," read the text of one
message signed with the letter `Z` usually associated with the
Zetas drug gang.
Nuevo Laredo lies in the northeastern state of
Tamaulipas, on the US border, where the Zetas are blamed for
many violent attacks.
The Zetas started as ex-elite army officers working as
hitmen for the Gulf cartel in the 1990s. A split between the
two is blamed for some of the country`s most gruesome drug
violence in recent years.
Mexico is one of the world`s most dangerous countries for
journalists and reporters have been silenced by threats or
violence in some areas.
Citizens in those areas often rely on social networks for
information about shootouts or other drug violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly