Two dead, 26 missing as two ships sink off China
Beijing: Two sailors were confirmed dead and 24 were missing after two ships sank in separate accidents off the coast of China`s Shandong province, authorities said on Monday. According to the Shandong Maritime Safety Administration, a cargo ship `XINGLONGZHOU65`, registered in east China`s Zhejiang province, sank off Yantai city around 9 p.m. Sunday, leaving 12 sailors missing, reports Xinhua.
Two bodies have been found, the administration said.
In the other accident, a cargo ship `ZIHAISHUN`, registered in north China`s Tianjin, sank off Weihai city around 2.30 am on Monday, leaving 14 sailors missing.
Rescuers are searching the areas to find the missing people, the administration said.
Strong winds and waves were to blame for both the accidents, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership