Two dead, 26 missing as two ships sink off China
Beijing: Two sailors were confirmed dead and 24 were missing after two ships sank in separate accidents off the coast of China`s Shandong province, authorities said on Monday. According to the Shandong Maritime Safety Administration, a cargo ship `XINGLONGZHOU65`, registered in east China`s Zhejiang province, sank off Yantai city around 9 p.m. Sunday, leaving 12 sailors missing, reports Xinhua.
Two bodies have been found, the administration said.
In the other accident, a cargo ship `ZIHAISHUN`, registered in north China`s Tianjin, sank off Weihai city around 2.30 am on Monday, leaving 14 sailors missing.
Rescuers are searching the areas to find the missing people, the administration said.
Strong winds and waves were to blame for both the accidents, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog