Two dead, 26 rescued in raft capsizing in China
Beijing: Two tourists were killed and 26 others rescued in a raft accident in south China on Saturday.
A raft overturned on the Lijiang River in Yangshuo, a renowned resort with natural views on the river and mountains, in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Around 27 tourists and one sculler were aboard the raft when the accident occurred, local authorities said.
Local government sent rescuers soon after the accident and rescued 26 people. Investigations are going on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing