Two dead after shooting at Las Vegas hotel: Police
Las Vegas: A man shot and fatally wounded a woman, then killed himself at the Excalibur hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip, sending frightened patrons fleeing.
Las Vegas Police Lt Ray Steiber said the shootings happened at about 8:30 pm last night near the high-rise hotel`s front entrance.
Steiber said the man shot the woman, who was a vendor at the hotel`s concierge desk, and then turned the gun on himself. The man was found dead at the scene.
The woman was transported to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Neither the gunman nor the victim was identified. However, Steiber said the woman worked as a vendor at the concierge desk, where tourists can get show tickets and restaurant reservations.
He said the relationship between the shooter and the victim wasn`t immediately clear.
The shooting happened as the hotel`s registration desk was busy on a Friday night with the National Finals Rodeo and other events in town. Steiber said patrons scattered at the first sound of gunfire, and no one else was wounded.
MGM Resorts International owns the Excalibur and several other hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. Company spokesman Gordon Absher said the hotel and casino remained open to guests and patrons.
However, the area where the shooting took place remained cordoned off by police while the investigation continued.
The Excalibur has approximately 4,000 rooms and is located at the intersection of Tropicana Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard. The hotel is named for the mythical sword of King Arthur, and its facade is a stylised image of a castle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video