Two dead after shootout in Lebanese capital
Beirut: Security officials say troops stormed an apartment in west Beirut, killing a Syrian gunman who had engaged in an hours-long shootout with the security forces.
The shootout came amid heightened tensions in Lebanon where deadly clashes linked to the conflict in neighbouring Syria have killed at least 10 people in the past two weeks.
The officials say the gunman first shot at the troops on the street in Caracas neighborhood, then fled to his apartment, which the soldiers stormed early today.
The body of another man was found in the apartment but it`s unclear how he died. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
Five soldiers and policemen were also wounded in the gunbattle which caused panic among residents in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit