Two dead after shootout in Lebanese capital
Beirut: Security officials say troops stormed an apartment in west Beirut, killing a Syrian gunman who had engaged in an hours-long shootout with the security forces.
The shootout came amid heightened tensions in Lebanon where deadly clashes linked to the conflict in neighbouring Syria have killed at least 10 people in the past two weeks.
The officials say the gunman first shot at the troops on the street in Caracas neighborhood, then fled to his apartment, which the soldiers stormed early today.
The body of another man was found in the apartment but it`s unclear how he died. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
Five soldiers and policemen were also wounded in the gunbattle which caused panic among residents in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader