Two dead in Las Vegas federal building shootout
Washington: A government official was shot dead and another critically injured by an alleged gunman inside the premises of a federal court in Las Vegas.
The gunman was shot dead by the Marshals Service personnel. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the incident occurred around 8 am local time.
"A deputy US marshal and court security officer were shot at the Lloyd D George Federal Courthouse in Las Vegas this morning," said US Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.
"The gunman was shot by Marshals Service personnel and has been pronounced dead. The deputy US Marshal is in stable condition at a local hospital. Unfortunately, court security officer succumbed to his wounds and passed away," he added.
Local media report said the area has been cordoned off. The motive of the shooting was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa
- Medical experts want Rio Olympics delayed or moved due to Zika