Two dead in Las Vegas federal building shootout
Washington: A government official was shot dead and another critically injured by an alleged gunman inside the premises of a federal court in Las Vegas.
The gunman was shot dead by the Marshals Service personnel. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the incident occurred around 8 am local time.
"A deputy US marshal and court security officer were shot at the Lloyd D George Federal Courthouse in Las Vegas this morning," said US Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.
"The gunman was shot by Marshals Service personnel and has been pronounced dead. The deputy US Marshal is in stable condition at a local hospital. Unfortunately, court security officer succumbed to his wounds and passed away," he added.
Local media report said the area has been cordoned off. The motive of the shooting was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India