Two dead in Las Vegas federal building shootout
Washington: A government official was shot dead and another critically injured by an alleged gunman inside the premises of a federal court in Las Vegas.
The gunman was shot dead by the Marshals Service personnel. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the incident occurred around 8 am local time.
"A deputy US marshal and court security officer were shot at the Lloyd D George Federal Courthouse in Las Vegas this morning," said US Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.
"The gunman was shot by Marshals Service personnel and has been pronounced dead. The deputy US Marshal is in stable condition at a local hospital. Unfortunately, court security officer succumbed to his wounds and passed away," he added.
Local media report said the area has been cordoned off. The motive of the shooting was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony