Two dead in Las Vegas federal building shootout
Washington: A government official was shot dead and another critically injured by an alleged gunman inside the premises of a federal court in Las Vegas.
The gunman was shot dead by the Marshals Service personnel. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the incident occurred around 8 am local time.
"A deputy US marshal and court security officer were shot at the Lloyd D George Federal Courthouse in Las Vegas this morning," said US Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.
"The gunman was shot by Marshals Service personnel and has been pronounced dead. The deputy US Marshal is in stable condition at a local hospital. Unfortunately, court security officer succumbed to his wounds and passed away," he added.
Local media report said the area has been cordoned off. The motive of the shooting was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed