Two dead in Las Vegas federal building shootout
Washington: A government official was shot dead and another critically injured by an alleged gunman inside the premises of a federal court in Las Vegas.
The gunman was shot dead by the Marshals Service personnel. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the incident occurred around 8 am local time.
"A deputy US marshal and court security officer were shot at the Lloyd D George Federal Courthouse in Las Vegas this morning," said US Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.
"The gunman was shot by Marshals Service personnel and has been pronounced dead. The deputy US Marshal is in stable condition at a local hospital. Unfortunately, court security officer succumbed to his wounds and passed away," he added.
Local media report said the area has been cordoned off. The motive of the shooting was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'