Two detained in China for hoax bomb threats
Beijing: Two Chinese men were detained in separate incidents for making bomb threats to blow up an airport and a video game centre, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau has said.
A 39-year-old man called up police and threatened to blow up an airport at 9:50 pm Saturday.
He was detained while explosives were found at his home.
The suspect, a Beijing local surnamed Wang holding a grudge over a land dispute, confessed to have made the hoax call after drinking, according to "Peaceful Beijing", the official microblog of the city police on Twitter-like Sina Weibo.
Another man dialled police emergency on same day saying that he was on his way to explode a video game entertainment venue at Guangqumen, Chaoyang District in the city.
He was detained subsequently but no explosives were found with him.
The 31-year-old suspect, surnamed Liu from east China`s Jiangsu Province, was upset after spending too much money at the venue and made the threat to vent out his anger, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP