Two detained in China for hoax bomb threats
Beijing: Two Chinese men were detained in separate incidents for making bomb threats to blow up an airport and a video game centre, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau has said.
A 39-year-old man called up police and threatened to blow up an airport at 9:50 pm Saturday.
He was detained while explosives were found at his home.
The suspect, a Beijing local surnamed Wang holding a grudge over a land dispute, confessed to have made the hoax call after drinking, according to "Peaceful Beijing", the official microblog of the city police on Twitter-like Sina Weibo.
Another man dialled police emergency on same day saying that he was on his way to explode a video game entertainment venue at Guangqumen, Chaoyang District in the city.
He was detained subsequently but no explosives were found with him.
The 31-year-old suspect, surnamed Liu from east China`s Jiangsu Province, was upset after spending too much money at the venue and made the threat to vent out his anger, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor