Two die in US military chopper crash: German police
Berlin: A US military helicopter crashed in western Germany, killing two people, German police said. The military did not immediately confirm the casualties.
Police said a third person was missing.
The aircraft went down about 6:20 pm (1720GMT) yesterday in woods near the A67 highway between Viernheim and Lorsch, south of Frankfurt, Hesse state police said.
The helicopter was a UH-60 Black Hawk, said Bruce Anderson, a spokesman for US Army Europe.
However, "we have no information about injuries or deaths or about how many people were on the aircraft," he said.
The Black Hawk is used for air assault and other military operations. It is normally designed to carry 11 combat-loaded troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack