Two die in US military chopper crash: German police
Berlin: A US military helicopter crashed in western Germany, killing two people, German police said. The military did not immediately confirm the casualties.
Police said a third person was missing.
The aircraft went down about 6:20 pm (1720GMT) yesterday in woods near the A67 highway between Viernheim and Lorsch, south of Frankfurt, Hesse state police said.
The helicopter was a UH-60 Black Hawk, said Bruce Anderson, a spokesman for US Army Europe.
However, "we have no information about injuries or deaths or about how many people were on the aircraft," he said.
The Black Hawk is used for air assault and other military operations. It is normally designed to carry 11 combat-loaded troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok