Two die in US military chopper crash: German police
Berlin: A US military helicopter crashed in western Germany, killing two people, German police said. The military did not immediately confirm the casualties.
Police said a third person was missing.
The aircraft went down about 6:20 pm (1720GMT) yesterday in woods near the A67 highway between Viernheim and Lorsch, south of Frankfurt, Hesse state police said.
The helicopter was a UH-60 Black Hawk, said Bruce Anderson, a spokesman for US Army Europe.
However, "we have no information about injuries or deaths or about how many people were on the aircraft," he said.
The Black Hawk is used for air assault and other military operations. It is normally designed to carry 11 combat-loaded troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror