Two FBI officers killed in training exercise
Washington: Two special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were killed during a hostage rescue training exercise off the coast of Virginia Beach.
Christopher Lorek, 41, and Stephen Shaw, 40, were assigned to the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group, CNN reported.
The FBI said the cause of the incident was under review.
"We mourn the loss of two brave and courageous men," FBI Director Robert S. Mueller was quoted as saying in a statement Sunday.
Lorek joined the FBI in 1996. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. Shaw joined the FBI in 2005 and is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son.
The hostage rescue team is part of the tactical support branch of the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group. It is based at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?