Two FBI officers killed in training exercise
Washington: Two special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were killed during a hostage rescue training exercise off the coast of Virginia Beach.
Christopher Lorek, 41, and Stephen Shaw, 40, were assigned to the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group, CNN reported.
The FBI said the cause of the incident was under review.
"We mourn the loss of two brave and courageous men," FBI Director Robert S. Mueller was quoted as saying in a statement Sunday.
Lorek joined the FBI in 1996. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. Shaw joined the FBI in 2005 and is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son.
The hostage rescue team is part of the tactical support branch of the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group. It is based at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says