Two FBI officers killed in training exercise
Washington: Two special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were killed during a hostage rescue training exercise off the coast of Virginia Beach.
Christopher Lorek, 41, and Stephen Shaw, 40, were assigned to the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group, CNN reported.
The FBI said the cause of the incident was under review.
"We mourn the loss of two brave and courageous men," FBI Director Robert S. Mueller was quoted as saying in a statement Sunday.
Lorek joined the FBI in 1996. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. Shaw joined the FBI in 2005 and is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son.
The hostage rescue team is part of the tactical support branch of the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group. It is based at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey