Two FBI officers killed in training exercise
Washington: Two special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were killed during a hostage rescue training exercise off the coast of Virginia Beach.
Christopher Lorek, 41, and Stephen Shaw, 40, were assigned to the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group, CNN reported.
The FBI said the cause of the incident was under review.
"We mourn the loss of two brave and courageous men," FBI Director Robert S. Mueller was quoted as saying in a statement Sunday.
Lorek joined the FBI in 1996. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. Shaw joined the FBI in 2005 and is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son.
The hostage rescue team is part of the tactical support branch of the FBI`s Critical Incident Response Group. It is based at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic