Two French diplomats killed in Yemen
Sanaa: Two French diplomats were killed and one was injured Monday in an Al Qaeda assault in Yemen`s capital Sanaa, an interior ministry official said.
An official at the French embassy said that the targeted French diplomats were attacked near the French embassy, and they work for the European Union Mission in Sanaa, Xinhua reported.
The injured was a French security officer at the embassy who was rushed to the Republican Hospital near the scene of the assault, the official said.
It was the second attack on foreign diplomats in a week in Sanaa. Suspected Al Qaeda gunmen last week fired at and injured a German diplomat in Sanaa after he resisted a kidnapping attempt.
At least six foreigners have been kidnapped in Sanaa over the past two months, including two British nationals and a German.
The Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) is still holding an Iranian diplomat captive since July last year and a Saudi diplomat since May 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda