Two girls sexually assaulted at British sea retreat
London: Two minor girls have been sexually assaulted while playing at a popular beach in Brighton of southern England, police said.
The two separate attacks, which Sussex Police are treating as linked, took place on Sunday afternoon.
The victim of the first assault, a 16-year-old Swedish student, was groped after being approached by five men in the sea opposite the Metropole Hotel.
The 11-year-old was assaulted close to West Pier, when a man threw her in the air before grabbing and touching her. The girl somehow managed to swim away and alerted the lifeguards on the beach.
All the attackers have been described as of Asian appearance. The main suspect was described as an Asian man, with dark brown eyes, with short black hair and wearing white pants.
Police have carried out a search of the beach but the man could not be found.
"These two incidents happened near to each other and about half an hour apart. The two victims suffered a frightening ordeal and there must be witnesses as the beach and sea were packed with people as it was a hot sunny afternoon," said Detective Sergeant Emily Hoare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy