Two Indian liquor dealers sentenced to jail, flogging
Dubai: Two Indian nationals have been sentenced to one year in prison each and flogging for manufacturing and selling liquor in Saudi Arabia where alcohol is strictly prohibited.
A court in Saudi Arabia also ordered the two Indian nationals, who apparently confessed to the illegal manufacture of alcohol, to be deported eventually after their sentence is complete.
According to a report in the Saudi Gazette, the two Indians, who have not been identified, were sentenced to one year in prison, 50 lashes each to be repeated six times with a week in between, and to be deported after serving their sentence.
The case came to Jeddah district court after an undercover operative posing as a customer went to purchase alcohol from one of the accused.
As the accused was handing the liquor, other police officers rushed in and apprehended him, the report said.
He led them to the manufacturing location, where police found his partner alone with a woman inside, and four full barrels of liquor, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!