Two Indian liquor dealers sentenced to jail, flogging
Dubai: Two Indian nationals have been sentenced to one year in prison each and flogging for manufacturing and selling liquor in Saudi Arabia where alcohol is strictly prohibited.
A court in Saudi Arabia also ordered the two Indian nationals, who apparently confessed to the illegal manufacture of alcohol, to be deported eventually after their sentence is complete.
According to a report in the Saudi Gazette, the two Indians, who have not been identified, were sentenced to one year in prison, 50 lashes each to be repeated six times with a week in between, and to be deported after serving their sentence.
The case came to Jeddah district court after an undercover operative posing as a customer went to purchase alcohol from one of the accused.
As the accused was handing the liquor, other police officers rushed in and apprehended him, the report said.
He led them to the manufacturing location, where police found his partner alone with a woman inside, and four full barrels of liquor, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed