Two Indians killed in New York bus accident
New York: At least two Indian tourists were
killed and 35 others injured, three of them seriously, when a
bus carrying them to Niagara Falls veered off a highway near
The bus, which was carrying tourists from Washington DC
to Niagara Falls overturned due to a blown tire in the woods
near Avoca, 55 miles south of Rochester, in New York.
The front tires were relatively new, Dan Ronan of the
American Bus Association said.
Investigations into the black box inside the bus will
offer more clues, about what the engine was doing, how many
hours have been on it and the speed it was running, Robert
Frost of the New York state police Crash Reconstruction Team
It will also give us trouble codes to see if there are
any issues leading up to or during the crash itself," he said.
Meanwhile, New York state police Superintendent Joseph
D Amico said, the driver John DiNardo Jr had no history of
The tour bus was operated by Bedore Tours of North
Tonawanda which reportedly had no crashes in the last two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why