Two injured as moderate quake rattles China
Beijing: Two people were injured and
several houses damaged on Monday when a 5.2-magnitude earthquake
hit Tengchong County near the city of Baoshan in southwest
China`s Yunnan Province.
The epicentre of the tremor was recorded in the
country`s township of Mangbang, located more than 40 km away
from the county seat of Tengchong, the China Earthquake
The quake has injured two people and damaged several
houses, according to the provincial department of civil
The department has sent tents, quilts and clothing to
the quake zone, according to Yao Guohua, the department`s
A driver surnamed Shao said he felt his car trembling
while driving on the Bolo highway, which is located near Tend.
A teacher from the county`s town of Mingguang said
that she also felt tremors in her town.
Baoshan public security and fire control authorities
have sent 10 vehicles and a team of 60 people to the quake
zone to assist in rescue efforts.
However, the road leading to the quake`s epicentre is
currently shrouded by heavy fog, with visibility reduced to
two meters, said Shi Lei, the team`s leader, Xinhua reported.
"The adverse weather will hamper the rescue effort,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister