Two injured as moderate quake rattles China
Beijing: Two people were injured and
several houses damaged on Monday when a 5.2-magnitude earthquake
hit Tengchong County near the city of Baoshan in southwest
China`s Yunnan Province.
The epicentre of the tremor was recorded in the
country`s township of Mangbang, located more than 40 km away
from the county seat of Tengchong, the China Earthquake
The quake has injured two people and damaged several
houses, according to the provincial department of civil
The department has sent tents, quilts and clothing to
the quake zone, according to Yao Guohua, the department`s
A driver surnamed Shao said he felt his car trembling
while driving on the Bolo highway, which is located near Tend.
A teacher from the county`s town of Mingguang said
that she also felt tremors in her town.
Baoshan public security and fire control authorities
have sent 10 vehicles and a team of 60 people to the quake
zone to assist in rescue efforts.
However, the road leading to the quake`s epicentre is
currently shrouded by heavy fog, with visibility reduced to
two meters, said Shi Lei, the team`s leader, Xinhua reported.
"The adverse weather will hamper the rescue effort,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi