Two injured in fan clashes at Rio de Janeiro`s Maracana Stadium
Rio de Janeiro: World Cup organizers say two people were treated for injuries after fights involving fans from Brazil, Colombia and Uruguay at Maracana Stadium.
Brazilian broadcaster Globo showed footage of fans clashing in a stadium concourse after Colombia beat Uruguay 2-0 in the Round of 16 yesterday.
Organizing committee spokesman Saint-Clair Milesi today said that "people can get overexcited and problems can happen."
Milesi says "our security will be looking at those images to see if there was operational failure," and take the incidents into account for the next game at the Maracana, a quarterfinal on Saturday.
He adds that two reported injuries is about the average for matches at this World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted