Two jailed for killing man by pouring boiling water
London: Two men have been jailed for life in Britain for murdering a 70-year-old man whom they tortured by pouring boiling water over him, BBC reported Friday.
Rocky Curtis, 25, and Robert Holmes, 24, both from Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, attacked Sonny Grey, from Lincoln, in his home in October 2011. The man died two days later.
Curtis will serve a minimum of 28 years and Holmes a minimum of 26.
The judge at the Nottingham Crown Court described the crime as "merciless".
The judge said the men knew Grey kept a great deal of money in his house.
Curtis and Holmes had not intended to kill Grey but tortured him to try to get him to tell them where the money was, he said.
Grey was beaten and throttled, possibly with a belt. The two men poured boiling water over him at least twice. After his death, police found 9,000 pounds hidden in his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH