Two Japanese tourists die in China blizzard
Beijing: Two Japanese tourists were killed and one went missing after getting trapped in a snow-covered mountain in north China`s Hebei Province, state media reported on Sunday.
Two Japanese women, aged 62 and 68, were confirmed dead while a 76-year-old Japanese man has been missing, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Another Japanese tourist, 59, and a Chinese man who works for a Japanese tourist agency were under treatment at a village clinic as all roads out of the mountain remained closed.
The four Japanese and two Chinese tourists had climbed a mountain from the Beijing side to tour a section of the Great Wall last morning.
The six were trapped in snowstorms after reaching a mountainous region in Huailai county in the neighbouring province of Hebei, according to the statement.
More than 150 people battled waist-deep snow to search for the victims after learning from a Chinese tourist who came down the mountain to seek police help.
Heavy snows hit many places in north China, including Beijing and Hebei, over the weekends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic