Two Japanese tourists die in China blizzard
Beijing: Two Japanese tourists were killed and one went missing after getting trapped in a snow-covered mountain in north China`s Hebei Province, state media reported on Sunday.
Two Japanese women, aged 62 and 68, were confirmed dead while a 76-year-old Japanese man has been missing, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Another Japanese tourist, 59, and a Chinese man who works for a Japanese tourist agency were under treatment at a village clinic as all roads out of the mountain remained closed.
The four Japanese and two Chinese tourists had climbed a mountain from the Beijing side to tour a section of the Great Wall last morning.
The six were trapped in snowstorms after reaching a mountainous region in Huailai county in the neighbouring province of Hebei, according to the statement.
More than 150 people battled waist-deep snow to search for the victims after learning from a Chinese tourist who came down the mountain to seek police help.
Heavy snows hit many places in north China, including Beijing and Hebei, over the weekends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what