Two journalists killed in Somalia
Mogadishu: Two Somali journalists have been killed in separate incidents in the capital Mogadishu.
Bashir Khalif Ghani of Radio Mogadishu said that a man dressed as a high school student shot and killed Yusuf Ali Osman, a veteran reporter who has been serving
as a director in Somalia`s Ministry of Information, as he walked to work Sunday.
Somalia`s information minister confirmed the killing and said in a statement that the government was "appalled by the murder" of Osman.
A witness says another journalist, Mohamud Ali, was killed by a stray bullet as Somali soldiers guarding a stadium fought during a soccer match.
Somalia is one of the most dangerous places for journalists to work. The deaths bring to nine the number of journalists killed in Somalia this year, most of them in targeted assassinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi