Two journalists killed in Somalia
Mogadishu: Two Somali journalists have been killed in separate incidents in the capital Mogadishu.
Bashir Khalif Ghani of Radio Mogadishu said that a man dressed as a high school student shot and killed Yusuf Ali Osman, a veteran reporter who has been serving
as a director in Somalia`s Ministry of Information, as he walked to work Sunday.
Somalia`s information minister confirmed the killing and said in a statement that the government was "appalled by the murder" of Osman.
A witness says another journalist, Mohamud Ali, was killed by a stray bullet as Somali soldiers guarding a stadium fought during a soccer match.
Somalia is one of the most dangerous places for journalists to work. The deaths bring to nine the number of journalists killed in Somalia this year, most of them in targeted assassinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times