Two journalists killed in Somalia
Mogadishu: Two Somali journalists have been killed in separate incidents in the capital Mogadishu.
Bashir Khalif Ghani of Radio Mogadishu said that a man dressed as a high school student shot and killed Yusuf Ali Osman, a veteran reporter who has been serving
as a director in Somalia`s Ministry of Information, as he walked to work Sunday.
Somalia`s information minister confirmed the killing and said in a statement that the government was "appalled by the murder" of Osman.
A witness says another journalist, Mohamud Ali, was killed by a stray bullet as Somali soldiers guarding a stadium fought during a soccer match.
Somalia is one of the most dangerous places for journalists to work. The deaths bring to nine the number of journalists killed in Somalia this year, most of them in targeted assassinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok