Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least two people were killed and 11 wounded in separate bombing and shooting incidents in Iraq Tuesday, police said.
An Iraqi Army officer was killed and four soldiers were wounded in the afternoon when a roadside bomb explosion struck their patrol in Madain town, some 30 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In another incident, an army colonel was critically wounded when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated while he was driving in Qahira district in northern Baghdad.
In northern central Iraq, gunmen shot dead a member of a government-backed Sahwa paramilitary group while he was driving his car in Siniyah town, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
Meanwhile, a roadside bomb exploded in a vegetable wholesale market in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 180 km from Baghdad, wounding six people, a police source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda