Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least two people were killed and 11 wounded in separate bombing and shooting incidents in Iraq Tuesday, police said.
An Iraqi Army officer was killed and four soldiers were wounded in the afternoon when a roadside bomb explosion struck their patrol in Madain town, some 30 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In another incident, an army colonel was critically wounded when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated while he was driving in Qahira district in northern Baghdad.
In northern central Iraq, gunmen shot dead a member of a government-backed Sahwa paramilitary group while he was driving his car in Siniyah town, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
Meanwhile, a roadside bomb exploded in a vegetable wholesale market in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 180 km from Baghdad, wounding six people, a police source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city