Two killed as chopper crashes at Libya airshow
Tripoli: A Libyan military helicopter crashed during an airshow in the eastern city of Benghazi killing two crew members and wounding a third, an airforce official told.
The accident occurred while a military parade was underway at the Benina airbase in Benghazi, Libya`s second city and cradle of the 2011 uprising that toppled dictator Moamer Kadhafi.
"A lieutenant colonel and a lieutenant were killed ... while a third crew member, a lieutenant, was seriously wounded," airbase commander Colonel Nasser Busnina, said.
"It seems that the pilot was more eager than necessary" during the airshow, Busnina said.
An army spokesman said the aircraft was a Mi-35 attack helicopter that had recently undergone a checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!