Two killed as chopper crashes at Libya airshow
Tripoli: A Libyan military helicopter crashed during an airshow in the eastern city of Benghazi killing two crew members and wounding a third, an airforce official told.
The accident occurred while a military parade was underway at the Benina airbase in Benghazi, Libya`s second city and cradle of the 2011 uprising that toppled dictator Moamer Kadhafi.
"A lieutenant colonel and a lieutenant were killed ... while a third crew member, a lieutenant, was seriously wounded," airbase commander Colonel Nasser Busnina, said.
"It seems that the pilot was more eager than necessary" during the airshow, Busnina said.
An army spokesman said the aircraft was a Mi-35 attack helicopter that had recently undergone a checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured