Two killed as chopper crashes at Libya airshow
Tripoli: A Libyan military helicopter crashed during an airshow in the eastern city of Benghazi killing two crew members and wounding a third, an airforce official told.
The accident occurred while a military parade was underway at the Benina airbase in Benghazi, Libya`s second city and cradle of the 2011 uprising that toppled dictator Moamer Kadhafi.
"A lieutenant colonel and a lieutenant were killed ... while a third crew member, a lieutenant, was seriously wounded," airbase commander Colonel Nasser Busnina, said.
"It seems that the pilot was more eager than necessary" during the airshow, Busnina said.
An army spokesman said the aircraft was a Mi-35 attack helicopter that had recently undergone a checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel