Two killed as chopper crashes at Libya airshow
Tripoli: A Libyan military helicopter crashed during an airshow in the eastern city of Benghazi killing two crew members and wounding a third, an airforce official told.
The accident occurred while a military parade was underway at the Benina airbase in Benghazi, Libya`s second city and cradle of the 2011 uprising that toppled dictator Moamer Kadhafi.
"A lieutenant colonel and a lieutenant were killed ... while a third crew member, a lieutenant, was seriously wounded," airbase commander Colonel Nasser Busnina, said.
"It seems that the pilot was more eager than necessary" during the airshow, Busnina said.
An army spokesman said the aircraft was a Mi-35 attack helicopter that had recently undergone a checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj