Two killed as chopper crashes at Libya airshow
Tripoli: A Libyan military helicopter crashed during an airshow in the eastern city of Benghazi killing two crew members and wounding a third, an airforce official told.
The accident occurred while a military parade was underway at the Benina airbase in Benghazi, Libya`s second city and cradle of the 2011 uprising that toppled dictator Moamer Kadhafi.
"A lieutenant colonel and a lieutenant were killed ... while a third crew member, a lieutenant, was seriously wounded," airbase commander Colonel Nasser Busnina, said.
"It seems that the pilot was more eager than necessary" during the airshow, Busnina said.
An army spokesman said the aircraft was a Mi-35 attack helicopter that had recently undergone a checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur