Two killed as Israeli warplane targets car in Gaza City
Gaza city: Two people were killed in an Israeli air strike on a car in Gaza City during the Muslim Eid al-Adha holiday on Wednesday, a Palestinian medical source said.
Emergency services spokesman Adham Abu Selmiya confirmed two men had been killed in the strike, naming them as Mohammed Yassin and his brother, Islam, telling a news agency they had died "in an Israeli strike on a car in the Samer area of Gaza City."
The brothers were critically wounded in the strike, which completely obliterated the back of their car, and were rushed to Gaza City`s Shifa hospital where they both died shortly afterwards.
A witness told a news agency he saw an Israeli warplane fire at a white car in the city centre.
The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the raid, which was the fourth air strike on Gaza within two weeks.
On November 3, Israeli warplanes fired a missile at another car in Gaza City, killing Mohammed al-Nemnem, a senior militant with the Army of Islam, a radical group that espouses an ideology similar to al Qaeda.
The army confirmed the strike, describing Nemnem as a "ticking bomb" in what appeared to signal a return to the army`s policy of targeted killings.
A month earlier, Israel admitted targeting another militant in an air strike on Gaza City but the man escaped unharmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'