Two killed in Israeli strike against Gaza
Gaza: Two Palestinians, including an Islamic Jihad (holy war) movement militant, were killed and seven wounded in Israeli strike against north Gaza on Wednesday, the Israeli Army said.
The Army fired several shells at a group of Palestinian gunmen who were spotted approaching the fence that separates Gaza and Israel in eastern Beit Hanoun city, a spokesman for the Israeli Army told Xinhua.
The spokesman said that the shells killed one member of the group.
Gaza emergency chief Mo`aweya Hassanein said that a seriously wounded Palestinian died of his sustained wounds later in the hospital, adding that seven were wounded.
Islamic Hamas movement, which controls Gaza, maintains a ceasefire with Israel since the end of Gaza war in January 2009. However, Hamas failed to broker full commitment from other factions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore