Two killed in motorbike bomb explosion in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two people were killed and six others injured when a motorbike bomb went off in Spinboldak in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar Tuesday, police said.
"The terrorists detonated an explosive device fixed on to a motorbike in a local bazaar at around 1.15 p.m. local time, killing two personnel of Border Police Force and injuring six others including two police and four civilians," police spokesman Ahmad Zia Durani told Xinhua.
A doctor in Spinboldak hospital said the two bodies and the injured, who included a child, have been taken to hospital.
The doctor, who declined to be named, added that some of the injured were in critical condition.
The border town of Spinboldak which links the former Taliban stronghold of Kandahar to Quetta city in Pakistan, has been regarded as Taliban hotbed in the restive southern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what