Two killed in subway collapse in China
Beijing: Two people were killed and three others were missing after a part of an under-construction subway line caved in today in northwest China`s Shaanxi province.
According to local government officials, nine people were working on an underground project when the accident took place on a section of the subway line No 3 located at the provincial capital Xi`an.
They added that four people were pulled out immedietly after the accident, including three who were unhurt and one who has suffered from fracture.
The injured has been sent to a local hospital and rescue work is still underway while safety measures have been put in place to prevent secondary disasters, state run Xinhua News Agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan