Two killed in subway collapse in China
Beijing: Two people were killed and three others were missing after a part of an under-construction subway line caved in today in northwest China`s Shaanxi province.
According to local government officials, nine people were working on an underground project when the accident took place on a section of the subway line No 3 located at the provincial capital Xi`an.
They added that four people were pulled out immedietly after the accident, including three who were unhurt and one who has suffered from fracture.
The injured has been sent to a local hospital and rescue work is still underway while safety measures have been put in place to prevent secondary disasters, state run Xinhua News Agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what