Two `love-rival` Kenyan men enter `wife-sharing` deal
London: Two Kenyan men have reportedly signed an agreement to marry the same woman, after she refused to make a choice between them, after having affairs with both over four years.
The agreement has set out a rota for Sylvester Mwendwa and Elijah Kimani to stay in the woman`s house, who is a widow with two children, and stated that they both will help raise any children she bears from them, the BBC reports.
Mwendwa told the BBC that he loved the woman and most of all, her children, and said the contract would set boundaries and keep peace between two of them.
Meanwhile, Kenyan family lawyer Judy Thongori said the marriage would only be recognised, if they could prove polyandry as part of their custom.
People have reacted with shock to the marriage, arguing that it is not acceptable in terms of their culture, religion or the law, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack