Two men stabbed outside a Gurdwara in California
Washington: Two men have been stabbed outside a Gurdwara in California and more than a dozen people pepper-sprayed in violent clashes that broke out between two groups over a power struggle to control the shrine.
According to an eyewitness, violence erupted outside the Tierra Buena Gurdwara in Yuba City of California at about 6:45 pm (local time) Saturday when the meeting of its board of directors ended and some of the directors were leaving the parking lot.
Clashes erupted outside the Gurdwara apparently due to a power struggle between two groups on having the control over the religious place.
Two men were stabbed in the incident while more than a dozen others were pepper-sprayed, witnesses said.
No arrest has been made so far, as the incident is currently being investigated, the Sutter County Sheriff`s Department said.
Details of the incident were not available as the matter was under investigation.
The board members leaving the parking lot were apparently confronted by a group of men and attacked with shovels, broom handles and sticks, as two groups of over 30 people clashed with each other.
Later both sides claimed that they were attacked by the other group.
The ugly event last evening is the latest chapter in the power struggle for the Gurdwara.
This past September, five board members of the 73-member board had sought to force the new election, which was denied by a Sutter County Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read