Two MiGs collide in Algeria, pilots killed
Algiers: Two military pilots were killed in Algeria when their MiG fighter planes collided mid-air, the Algerian defence ministry said Tuesday.
The two MiG aircraft were conducting a training operation Monday night between the provinces of Oran and Tlemcen when they collided in Tlemcen, 580 km west of the capital Algiers, Xinhua reported.
It is the second accident involving Algerian military aircraft this year. In November, a CASA 295 military cargo plane crashed in France, killing all crew members, including five military officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam