Two militant leaders killed in Russia
Moscow: The alleged leaders of two insurgency groups in Russia`s Dagestan republic have been eliminated, officials said.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said Magomed "Al-Bara" Abdusalamov was shot dead near Khuchni, with no casualties among the law enforcement officials.
Abdusalamov, the alleged head of the "Izberbash gang", was transporting in his car a powerful bomb made from a 100-litre barrel filled with explosives, which was defused by a bomb squad.
In the second incident, police shot dead Nazhmudin "Abu-Zeit" Nazhmudinov, the leader of the "Tsumada gang".
A policeman was killed and two others wounded during the gun-battle, along with Nazhmudinov`s woman aide Zarema Ramadanova, who also fired at the officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!