Two militant leaders killed in Russia
Moscow: The alleged leaders of two insurgency groups in Russia`s Dagestan republic have been eliminated, officials said.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said Magomed "Al-Bara" Abdusalamov was shot dead near Khuchni, with no casualties among the law enforcement officials.
Abdusalamov, the alleged head of the "Izberbash gang", was transporting in his car a powerful bomb made from a 100-litre barrel filled with explosives, which was defused by a bomb squad.
In the second incident, police shot dead Nazhmudin "Abu-Zeit" Nazhmudinov, the leader of the "Tsumada gang".
A policeman was killed and two others wounded during the gun-battle, along with Nazhmudinov`s woman aide Zarema Ramadanova, who also fired at the officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!