Two militant leaders killed in Russia
Moscow: The alleged leaders of two insurgency groups in Russia`s Dagestan republic have been eliminated, officials said.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said Magomed "Al-Bara" Abdusalamov was shot dead near Khuchni, with no casualties among the law enforcement officials.
Abdusalamov, the alleged head of the "Izberbash gang", was transporting in his car a powerful bomb made from a 100-litre barrel filled with explosives, which was defused by a bomb squad.
In the second incident, police shot dead Nazhmudin "Abu-Zeit" Nazhmudinov, the leader of the "Tsumada gang".
A policeman was killed and two others wounded during the gun-battle, along with Nazhmudinov`s woman aide Zarema Ramadanova, who also fired at the officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre