Two militant leaders killed in Russia
Moscow: The alleged leaders of two insurgency groups in Russia`s Dagestan republic have been eliminated, officials said.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said Magomed "Al-Bara" Abdusalamov was shot dead near Khuchni, with no casualties among the law enforcement officials.
Abdusalamov, the alleged head of the "Izberbash gang", was transporting in his car a powerful bomb made from a 100-litre barrel filled with explosives, which was defused by a bomb squad.
In the second incident, police shot dead Nazhmudin "Abu-Zeit" Nazhmudinov, the leader of the "Tsumada gang".
A policeman was killed and two others wounded during the gun-battle, along with Nazhmudinov`s woman aide Zarema Ramadanova, who also fired at the officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference