Two more Pakistanis charged with US pastor murder in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Two more Pakistanis were on Thursday charged in a Malaysian court with the murder of an American pastor who was found murdered in his home here last month.
Shaheen Murad, 37, Hassan Raza, 21, are alleged to have killed David James Ginter, 62, on May 4.
No plea was recorded from the two unemployed accused, who face the death penalty.
Two other accused are still at large.
On June 13, a Pakistani security guard, Shahbaz, 25, was charged with the same offence.
Ginter was reportedly found with his hands and feet bound and a mobile phone charger cable wrapped around his neck in his double-storey house on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur.
Police said post-mortem results showed that the American pastor had died of asphyxiation due to gagging and neck compression.
The next court date is set for July 18.
The motive behind the murder was still unclear though robbery had been earlier cited by the police.
Ginter had been a senior pastor at the Bridge International Church in Kuala Lumpur for three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read