Two more top Chinese officials sacked for corruption
Beijing: Continuing its crackdown on graft in its ranks, the Communist Party of China has expelled two more senior provincial level officials.
Wang Suyi, former top official of northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, was expelled from the CPC and dismissed from public office after being probed for serious discipline violation, a statement here said on Wednesday.
Wang was a member of the Standing Committee of the CPC Committee of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and head of the United Front Work Department of the regional Party committee.
According to the investigations, Wang took advantage of his position to seek benefit for others and accepted a huge amount of money and property either personally or through his family members, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The CPC also expelled Li Daqiu, former vice chairman of the Guangxi provincial advisory body for breaches of discipline.
Both of them broke Party rules and were suspected of violating the criminal law, the statement said. Their cases will be transferred to judicial departments.
Yesterday CPC sacked Jiang Jiemin, head of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission on the charges of corruption.
He is one of the high officials to face action after disgraced leader Bo Xilai who is awaiting verdict against charges of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power.
The crackdown was being projected by the official media as the biggest campaign undertaken by the CPC`s new leadership headed by President Xi Jinping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH