Two mutilated bodies found in southern Mexico
Acapulco: Police in the Mexican
resort of Acapulco found the decapitated bodies of two men in front of a bar where 11 men were reportedly abducted earlier
this month, officials said.
Shell casings from assault rifles and two handwritten
messages whose contents were not disclosed were found at the
scene, according to a statement from police in the Pacific
coast state of Guerrero where Acapulco is located. Such
messages are often left by drug gangs.
Eleven men were reported abducted from the bar on Dec.
17. Such establishments are frequently the targets of
Two of the abducted men were later found dead. Their
hands and feet had been cut off.
Elsewhere in Guerrero, a car ran into a group of people
leaving a church Sunday in the town of Ayutla, killing three
and injuring four.
And in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz Monday, one
policeman was killed, and a local police commander was wounded
when a man opened fire on municipal offices in the town of
Otatitlan. Three people who were attending a wedding at the
town hall were wounded in the shootout.
Assistant state prosecutor Reynaldo Escobar said the
victims at the wedding included a boy, one woman and an adult
And in the northern state of Durango, the army reported
it had seized a cache of 84 rifles and 46 pistols, including
one assault rifles with gold-coloured inlays and another that
has a grenade-launcher attachment.
The Defense Department said troops patrolling the
mountainous area of Tamazula, Durango discovered the weapons
and 770 kilograms of marijuana in 191 bales.
The army said Tamazula, located near the border with
Sinaloa state, "is an area considered a bastion of criminal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?