Two officers, 3 other people shot in NYC: Police
New York: Police say two officers and two civilians were wounded and another person was killed in an exchange of gunfire in upper Manhattan.
NYPD spokesman Sgt. Carlos Nieves says the most seriously hurt officer was shot early Sunday in his protective vest covering his chest and was hospitalized in stable condition. The other officer was being treated for a graze wound to the hand.
The two other people have been hospitalized for gunshot wounds but their conditions weren`t available. It`s unclear whether any of the shooting victims are suspects.
Nieves says he is awaiting details on what led to the gunfire near 144th Street and Lenox Avenue and it`s not clear whether it came during a confrontation between the officers and the three.
He says a gun was found at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav