Two officers hurt in Michelle Obama`s motorcade crash
Washington: Two officials in US First Lady Michelle Obama`s motorcade were injured Tuesday after their motorcycles collided in Ohio State, officials said.
Michelle was heading to Port Columbus to fly to Cleveland after she had spoken at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware when the accident took place. The First Lady was not injured.
According to Columbus Dispatch, the motorcycles from the State Highway Patrol and the Genoa Township Police Department crashed into each other about 4 p.M., about two miles east of Delaware.
The two injured officials, whose names have not been released, were taken to the hospital. Their conditions were reported to be stable and not life threatening.
Lt Kevin Knapp, commander of the Delaware post of the State Highway Patrol, said one of the motorcycles apparently slowed to check on a vehicle that had pulled over to the berm and was struck by the other motorcycle, the daily reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends