Two Oz men jailed for race-hate bashing of Asian
Sydney: Two young men in Australia have been jailed for what a judge has described as a ‘deplorable’, ‘brutal’ and ‘unprovoked’ race-hate bashing.
Shannon Hudson was sentenced to 10 years and six months in jail on and his co-accused Wayne O`Brien was jailed for four years and six months.
While sentencing them, the Supreme Court Justice Betty King said more needed to be done to determine why there were so many angry and unhappy young people in society, particularly males.
Both men from Victoria, aged 21, pleaded guilty to intentionally causing serious injury to the 21-year-old Vietnamese international student on the night of June 27 this year, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The pair and another friend, who cannot be identified because he was only 17, were on their way to Hudson`s Ascot Vale home after a day of drinking in the city, when they noticed the student walking on the opposite side listening to music on his iPhone.
The court heard that one of the three ran across the road and the others followed and began punching and kicking their victim without provocation.
They taunted him and yelled things including “you f...ing Gook” and “lie down you dog, you yellow dog” as the man begged for his life.
The student made several attempts to escape from his attackers as he screamed and begged for mercy, but each time was returned to the ground and the bashing continued, the court heard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone