Two Pakistanis jailed in Dubai for killing Indian
Dubai: Two Pakistanis have been sentenced by a Dubai court to five years in jail for viciously beating up an Indian bootlegger that eventually led to his death.
The Dubai Court of First Instance found the two Pakistanis, identified by their initials A S and M A, of beating the Indian, K K, with a wooden stick on December 2, 2012, local media reported on Thursday.
The defendants denied they used a stick and said they attacked the Indian with their hands. "We did not beat him with a wooden stick. We consumed liquor and had a fight because he thought we wanted to turn him in to the police," A S told the court.
A forensic report said the victim suffered from severe breathing failure and lung infection due to complications arising from the attack.
The victim was discovered in an unconscious state by an Indian iron-smith who was passing by a road in Jebel Ali area who then alerted the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read