Two Pakistanis jailed in Dubai for killing Indian
Dubai: Two Pakistanis have been sentenced by a Dubai court to five years in jail for viciously beating up an Indian bootlegger that eventually led to his death.
The Dubai Court of First Instance found the two Pakistanis, identified by their initials A S and M A, of beating the Indian, K K, with a wooden stick on December 2, 2012, local media reported on Thursday.
The defendants denied they used a stick and said they attacked the Indian with their hands. "We did not beat him with a wooden stick. We consumed liquor and had a fight because he thought we wanted to turn him in to the police," A S told the court.
A forensic report said the victim suffered from severe breathing failure and lung infection due to complications arising from the attack.
The victim was discovered in an unconscious state by an Indian iron-smith who was passing by a road in Jebel Ali area who then alerted the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports