Two Pakistanis jailed in Dubai for killing Indian
Dubai: Two Pakistanis have been sentenced by a Dubai court to five years in jail for viciously beating up an Indian bootlegger that eventually led to his death.
The Dubai Court of First Instance found the two Pakistanis, identified by their initials A S and M A, of beating the Indian, K K, with a wooden stick on December 2, 2012, local media reported on Thursday.
The defendants denied they used a stick and said they attacked the Indian with their hands. "We did not beat him with a wooden stick. We consumed liquor and had a fight because he thought we wanted to turn him in to the police," A S told the court.
A forensic report said the victim suffered from severe breathing failure and lung infection due to complications arising from the attack.
The victim was discovered in an unconscious state by an Indian iron-smith who was passing by a road in Jebel Ali area who then alerted the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- AAP bats for 'Annual Statewide Corruption Index' to curb graft
- Woman quits job to become full-time Pokemon Go player
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh moves HC seeking stay on his arrest
- Goa CM orders enquiry over criminal's ''murder'' in prison
- Flight 370: With search suspended, a cold-case file awaits