Two Pakistanis jailed in Dubai for killing Indian
Dubai: Two Pakistanis have been sentenced by a Dubai court to five years in jail for viciously beating up an Indian bootlegger that eventually led to his death.
The Dubai Court of First Instance found the two Pakistanis, identified by their initials A S and M A, of beating the Indian, K K, with a wooden stick on December 2, 2012, local media reported on Thursday.
The defendants denied they used a stick and said they attacked the Indian with their hands. "We did not beat him with a wooden stick. We consumed liquor and had a fight because he thought we wanted to turn him in to the police," A S told the court.
A forensic report said the victim suffered from severe breathing failure and lung infection due to complications arising from the attack.
The victim was discovered in an unconscious state by an Indian iron-smith who was passing by a road in Jebel Ali area who then alerted the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP