Two planes collide at Madrid airport
Madrid: Two planes - with 297 and 384 passengers on board - collided while on the ground at Madrid`s Barajas airport, but there were no casualties, a media report said.
The incident occurred Saturday between an Air Europe flight - with 297 passengers - bound for Venezuelan capital Caracas, and an aircraft from the Iberworld airline - with 384 passengers - travelling to Mexico`s Cancun city, Xinhua reported.
Sources told Xinhua the incident took place when the Air Europe plane was being pushed back from its station, and its tail collided with the wing of the Iberworld aircraft.
The damage to both planes was said to be "light", and all the passengers were able to disembark without injuries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living