Two planes to evacuate Russians from Syria
Moscow: The Russian emergencies ministry will send two planes to evacuate Russians from Syria Tuesday, a spokesperson said.
An Il-76 and a Yak-42 will be sent to the Lebanese capital of Beirut. The two planes can together carry about 100 people.
The news came about a week after the closure of the Russian consulate in the northwestern Syrian city of Aleppo, the scene of vicious fighting between government forces and rebel groups.
The Russian embassy in Damascus remains open.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, according to UN figures released in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing