Two planes to evacuate Russians from Syria
Moscow: The Russian emergencies ministry will send two planes to evacuate Russians from Syria Tuesday, a spokesperson said.
An Il-76 and a Yak-42 will be sent to the Lebanese capital of Beirut. The two planes can together carry about 100 people.
The news came about a week after the closure of the Russian consulate in the northwestern Syrian city of Aleppo, the scene of vicious fighting between government forces and rebel groups.
The Russian embassy in Damascus remains open.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, according to UN figures released in January.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success