Two planes to evacuate Russians from Syria
Moscow: The Russian emergencies ministry will send two planes to evacuate Russians from Syria Tuesday, a spokesperson said.
An Il-76 and a Yak-42 will be sent to the Lebanese capital of Beirut. The two planes can together carry about 100 people.
The news came about a week after the closure of the Russian consulate in the northwestern Syrian city of Aleppo, the scene of vicious fighting between government forces and rebel groups.
The Russian embassy in Damascus remains open.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, according to UN figures released in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur