Two protesters killed in Bangkok attack
Bangkok: Two anti-government protesters were killed and 22 others injured in a gun and grenade attack here early Thursday, media reported.
Assailants on a white pick-up truck fired a grenade at protesters near the Democracy Monument at 2:50 a.m. Thursday, Xinhua reported citing the Manager Online.
Later, the attackers opened fire at the guards of the People`s Democratic Reform Committee at the Kokwua Intersection.
Twenty-four people were reportedly injured and then rushed to hospitals, two of whom later died of injuries sustained during the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!