Two protesters killed in Bangkok attack
Bangkok: Two anti-government protesters were killed and 22 others injured in a gun and grenade attack here early Thursday, media reported.
Assailants on a white pick-up truck fired a grenade at protesters near the Democracy Monument at 2:50 a.m. Thursday, Xinhua reported citing the Manager Online.
Later, the attackers opened fire at the guards of the People`s Democratic Reform Committee at the Kokwua Intersection.
Twenty-four people were reportedly injured and then rushed to hospitals, two of whom later died of injuries sustained during the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees