Two protesters killed in Bangkok attack
Bangkok: Two anti-government protesters were killed and 22 others injured in a gun and grenade attack here early Thursday, media reported.
Assailants on a white pick-up truck fired a grenade at protesters near the Democracy Monument at 2:50 a.m. Thursday, Xinhua reported citing the Manager Online.
Later, the attackers opened fire at the guards of the People`s Democratic Reform Committee at the Kokwua Intersection.
Twenty-four people were reportedly injured and then rushed to hospitals, two of whom later died of injuries sustained during the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert