Two rebels killed in Philippines
Manila: Two leftist rebels were killed by the security forces in the Philippines Friday, the military said.
The clash occurred at 3 am in a village in Mindanao Compostela Valley province, Xinhua reported.
The troops were conducting combat patrol when they chanced upon a group of armed men believed to be the guerrillas of New People`s Army (NPA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?