Two rockets fall near Israeli city of Eilat: TV
Jerusalem: Two rockets were fired from Jordan at Israel`s Red Sea resort of Eilat on Thursday but landed in Jordanian territory, apparently without causing any injuries, Israel`s Haaretz newspaper reported on its website.
The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
Jordan`s port of Aqaba is adjacent to Eilat, which also borders Egypt`s Sinai peninsula.
Israel`s YNet news web site, giving a slightly different version of events, said rockets may have been fired from the Sinai toward Eilat but landed in Aqaba instead.
Israeli Army Radio said one rocket hit Aqaba and the other fell into the Gulf of Aqaba between the two cities.
Earlier this month, Israel cautioned its citizens not to visit the Sinai, citing information that militants might try to kidnap vacationing Israelis.
Egypt and Israel signed a peace treaty in 1979. Jordan and Israel made peace in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!