Two Russian pilots abducted in Darfur: Army
Khartoum: Two Russian pilots operating in Sudan`s western region of Darfur have been abducted by unknown gunmen, an Army spokesman said on Monday.
The pair were seized in Nyala, capital of South Darfur state, on Sunday, spokesman Sawarmi Khaled Saad said.
"Two Russian pilots were kidnapped by a small armed group in a section of Nyala," Saad said. "We have closed off all access routes (around Nyala)."
The kidnappings mark the second abduction of foreigners in Darfur this month.
On August 14, two Jordanian police advisers deployed with the joint UN-African Union peacekeeping force police were kidnapped by gunmen but released a few days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’