Two S Korean climbers killed in Himalayas
Seoul: Two South Koreans fell to their deaths
while climbing a treacherous course in the Himalayas, weeks
after three colleagues went missing and were presumed dead,
mountain authorities said on Saturday.
Kim Hyung-Il, 43, leader of the K2 Extreme team, and Chang
Ji-Myeong were killed yesterday when they fell as they were
ascending on the notorious Cholatse north face, the Korean
Alpine Federation said.
Their bodies were later recovered by two colleagues who
left the base camp in search of them after radio contact was
Kim and Chang, who had set an ambitious goal of covering
the roundabout course to reach the 6,440-meter Cholatse`s
summit within 36 hours, were killed at an altitude of 5,100
Earlier this month, Kim postponed a plan to climb Cholatse
and joined rescue efforts for the three South Korean
mountaineers who went missing on October 18 and were presumed
dead while trying to scale the Annapurna peak.
South Korean climbers reportedly feel pressure from their
sponsoring companies to achieve outstanding feats by setting
some records or attempting ascents on dangerous courses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday