Two sentenced to death in China for violent attacks
Beijing: Two Chinese who carried out
violent attacks in China, including one who killed eight
people, were awarded death sentences by courts on Friday.
Zhou Yezhong, 36, accused of stabbing eight people,
including three of his family members to death in April this
year, was sentenced to death at a court in east China`s
Jiangxi Province, a court spokesman said.
Zhou was charged with and convicted of wilful murder
in the first-instance trial by the Intermediary People`s Court
of Ji`an City of Jiangxi Province, said Long Xiaomao, a
spokesman of the court.
In a fit of rage Zhou, a gambling addict, killed his
mother, wife, 10-year-old daughter, four neighbours and one
migrant worker with a knife in Badu Township of Ji`an`s Jishui
County on May 8.
He reportedly had a fight with his wife before he
indulged in the horrible violence.
Zhou sentence came on the day when Chen Kangbing, a
school teacher, was awarded death sentence by first-instance
trial at the Intermediary People`s Court of Zhanjiang city in
Guangdong province today for injuring 16 children and a tutor
in a knife attack.
Though all his victims survived the attack, Chen was
charged with and convicted of "murder".
"Chen hacked the children and teacher in a very cruel
manner, causing great harm," the verdict said.
Chen in his 40s, barged into Leicheng No.1 primary
school in Leizhou city with a 40-cm knife and attacked
children on the fifth and sixth floors of the building on
He pleaded guilty to the charges against him. It is
not immediately known whether he will make an appeal.
With the today?s death sentences those who have been
sentenced to death for violent attacks in the recent weeks has
gone up to four.
Two others, who carried out `social revenge` attacks
on school children, were executed by firing squads after they
were sentenced to death by courts earlier.
Separately, two attackers committed suicide after the
In the wake of a spate of attacks on school children
carried out by angry and frustrated men, provincial
governments in China have launched stringent security
Eighteen people, mostly school children, have been
killed and 100 others injured in seven such attacks since
March this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo